Salesforce’s Dreamforce 2015 was a mind-blowing event. From the high quality speakers to the spectacular performers to the new product revelations and beyond, it was amazing.
It will take many weeks to digest the information gained during the four-day event that Salesforce hosted. Dreamforce 2015 included live sessions, learning opportunities, revelations, a broad variety of vendors, wild give-aways, a cruise ship made into a hotel, musical extravaganzas, parties, networking…Even today, Dreamforce continues through videos, online conversations, and more.
Every session contained an array of fascinating information. While it would be impossible to record them all, here are thirty stunning facts that stood out at Dreamforce 2015.
The connected world is growing at a rapid pace
Between the Internet of Things (IoT), the growing use of mobile, and the rapid increase of available data, the world is changing at a blinding speed.
- The cloud computing market will be $270B by 2020
- 90% of the world’s data was created in the last 12 months
- There will be 6 billion smartphones by 2020
- There will be 3+ billion social users by 2020
- There will be 75 billion connected things by 2020
Offering live response customer service (cobrowsing/chat) is critical
Customers use a multitude of channels for connecting with businesses. Of all the options available, live channels such as cobrowsing, screen sharing, and chat top the list.
- Customers use 3-4 different channels to connect with a business
- 52% of employees who worked for companies who had cobrowsing or screen sharing technologies reported better understanding of customer issues
- 38% of companies using cobrowsing and screen sharing technologies reported improved customer satisfaction
- 58% of people online use chat
- There is a 67% satisfaction rate from customers using chat
- 25 million people every day visit sites with Salesforce Live Agent
- 15,000 agents use Salesforce Live Agent daily
- 100,000 Salesforce LiveAgent chats take place daily on average
Outstanding customer service is a necessity
Your products and services may be good, but if you don’t offer excellent customer service, your customers won’t continue to give you business.
- 73% of customer service professionals have difficulty meeting their performance metric goals
- Companies with stagnant (65%) or decreased (40%) budgets in the past 3 years, had still increased or upgraded a customer-focused technology during the same period of time
- 74% of customers dealing with customer service get asked for the same information multiple times in the same call
- 65% of the time dissatisfied insurance claimers will switch carriers
- Customers engage with banks only about 2-3 times in person per year
- Customers engage with banks more than 300 times digitally each year
- 61% of internet users bank online
Women in business still face many challenges
Women have made much progress in the business world, but the struggle for equality is far from over.
- 94% of VCs are male, making it challenging to raise money for businesses with a female-oriented audience
- Only 7% of venture capital funding goes to women-owned businesses
- Two-thirds of people earning minimum wage are female
- Professional women earn around 25% less than professional men (73 cents to the dollar)
- Change comes 10x faster when men come to support women in the workplace
- Nearly 1-in-4 new mothers in the U.S. return to work within two weeks of having new baby
- Fewer than 20% of computer science grads in the U.S. are women
Salesforce is a powerful industry influencer
Dreamforce was a small indicator of the size and power of Salesforce. Salesforce is, of course, using its size and capabilities to grow its business – but it is also using its influence to better the world both through donations and by promoting equality in the workplace.
- Salesforce is the fourth largest software company in the world, behind Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP
- Salesforce has experienced 79% year-over-year growth
- Salesforce has donated 1.1+ million service hours, $100+ million grants, 250 products to 26+ thousand nonprofit organizations
Dreamforce 2016 is already being planned out
Even now, as I continue to recover from the Dreamforce 2015 excitement, I’m looking forward to Dreamforce 2016. Will you be there? I know I will!
Want to find out how Glance can improve customer engagement and increase sales for your company?
About Glance Networks
Glance helps enterprise organizations create the ultimate customer experience with smart, omni-channel visual engagement solutions based around integrated cobrowse, screen share, and one-way agent video. We are one of the world’s simplest, most reliable and secure platforms that enable companies to see, show and share anything online, creating a frictionless path to great experiences in sales, support and customer service. The result is improved customer satisfaction and loyalty, increased revenue growth and operational savings. From financial services and healthcare to retail and travel and leisure, even the most advanced technology and SaaS organizations – we transform the customer experience for today’s business. Learn More »