We are a fast-growing company, located in a renovated mill building in Arlington, MA, right off the Minuteman Bikeway. Glance is a bootstrapped profitable company, we offer 401k matching and, of course, free snacks.
We provide “visual engagement” tools that let businesses deliver amazing digital experiences by allowing sales people and prospects, support agents and customers to all see what each other are talking about online. We pride ourselves on delivering a simple, secure service that always works.
Our service is used by customers worldwide, from small business to some of the largest and most well-known companies in finance, travel, communications and consumer technology. We use a lot of interesting technology and there is ample opportunity to learn, expand your experience and take on more responsibility.
Our teams are small, diverse, nimble and committed to product development excellence at a fast pace.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Glance will lead the front-end and back-end testing of mobile SDK applications on both Android and iOS devices. This role will involve Desktop application testing as well as web application testing. Testing will involve a combination of both automated and manual coverage. The Senior Software QA Engineer will work closely with the off-site Development Team to understand technical details of the applications. This position offers a unique opportunity to be a strong and visible contributor toward our current and future success at Glance. This role reports to the Software QA Manager.
Experience and Responsibilities:
- At least 5 years of mobile-specific experience testing consumer or B2B SAAS products or web applications, preferably on a small team in a small company
- Must have front-end and back-end testing experience of Mobile SDK applications on iOS and Android devices
- Mobile web testing knowledge, particularly web application security, scalability and UI/UX testing
- Proven experience developing mobile test automation frameworks for mobile applications
- Experience testing web applications and Desktop applications
- Programming skills required
- Knowledge of the UNIX command line
- API testing experience
- Familiarity with web and Internet technologies, TCP/IP, TLS, HTTP, proxy servers, firewalls, browsers and settings, cookies
- Develop, maintain and execute test plans and test scripts
- Provide continual improvement to our test processes
- Participation in bug triage and release processes
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and internal team members
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Must possess a creative solutions-oriented approach to solving technical and business challenges
- Experience working with remote teams
- Salesforce.com and Salesforce AppExchange applications
- Microsoft Dynamics
This is a full time on-site position, we are only able to consider candidates in the greater Boston area at this time.