At Glance Networks, we think conducting business should be simple, collaborative, and visual. We’re transforming the way companies do business online by integrating easy-to-use omni-channel visual engagement solutions (co-browse, screen share, video and more) into the customer experience for instant, relevant, and effortless conversations.
- A financially sound enterprise software company with hundreds of top-tier corporate customers worldwide for our highly-regarded products
- A growing company with a friendly, open, and collaborative culture, where you’ll have regular interaction with top leadership
- Somewhere you can have an outsized impact
- Awarding excellent compensation and benefits including healthcare, dental care, matching 401K, a great vacation package, stock and more
- Conveniently located right on the Minuteman Bikeway in Arlington, MA
- On the 77 Bus line and offering Free Parking for those that drive
We are seeking a tech-savvy, energetic, motivated person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for making customers successful in a Sales Engineering role. This person will be a player-coach and is responsible for all technical aspects of the sales cycle by determining customer’s requirements and addressing technical challenges to ensure a smooth and efficient implementation process. This candidate must have excellent sales skills coupled with technical expertise and the ability to work well within a team and independently. They must also be able to clearly and effectively communicate technical material, both orally and in written format.
- Actively drive the technical sales evaluation and support process for prospects and partners.
- Provide internal and external assistance during the Sales process.
- Gather and assess client’s technical specifications and requirements.
- Provide assistance in the development of client relationships.
- Address customer’s questions in a comprehensive manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage the RFP and Information Security vetting process, when required.
- Manage and deliver product demonstrations to prospective clients.
- Creatively solve technical implementation issues in a variety of technical environments.
- Partner with the Project Management team to build Statements of Work and Implementation plans.
- Develop and deliver proof of concepts and pilots.
- Provide consistent and effective communication, both internally and externally.
- Maintain and enhance our demo environments.
- Create development plans for members of the Sales Engineering team.
- Manage assignments of Sales engineer to specific sales reps or opportunities.
- College degree and 8+ years of professional experience preferred in a Sales Engineering, Pre-sales or Technical client facing role
- Demonstrable proficiency of the following is required:
- How the Internet works (TCP, DNS, proxies, firewalls, CDNs, etc.)
- Salesforce.com administrative setup(install and configure packages), expert Salesforce.com skills a plus (Apex coding, SOQL, SFDC Architecture, etc.)
- Security and privacy compliance (ISO 27001, PCI, HIPAA, etc.)
- Cloud hosting architecture (AWS AZs, load balancing, DR, etc.)
- Must be able to communicate both technical and non-technical topics to individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Strong sales instinct and enjoys speaking with prospective clients in all stages of the sales cycle.
- Experience within the Call Center and/or Salesforce.com CRM industry is preferred.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of sales achievement, technical competence, and delivering customer satisfaction.
- Great team player and collaborator.
- Loves the intersection of customer experience with the digital economy and business process.
- Exceptionally strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience building technical Proof of Concepts.
- Flexibility to travel ~25%.
- Experience managing/mentoring small teams.
How to Apply
To respond, please write a cover letter specific to this job and include your resume as an attachment with file. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Glance Sales Engineer Candidate” (without quotation marks) to start your subject line.