About Glance Networks
Glance Networks transforms the customer experience by enabling visual engagement for today’s enterprise. We are one of the world’s simplest, most reliable and secure solutions that empowers companies to see, show and share anything online, creating a frictionless path to great experiences in sales, support and service. The result of Glance visual engagement technology is improved customer satisfaction, long-term customer loyalty, higher service center efficiency, and increased revenue growth. Glance Partners include Salesforce, ServiceNow, Moxie, Zendesk, Microsoft, and Docutech. For more information, please go to www.glance.net.
The Lead Sales Engineer
We are seeking a tech-savvy, energetic, motivated person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for making customers successful in a Sales Engineering role. This person will be a player-coach and is responsible for all technical aspects of the sales cycle by determining customer’s requirements and addressing technical challenges to ensure a smooth and efficient implementation process. This candidate must have excellent sales skills coupled with technical expertise and the ability to work well within a team and independently. They must also be able to clearly and effectively communicate technical material, both orally and in written format.
- Actively drive the technical sales evaluation and support process for prospects and partners.
- Provide internal and external assistance during the Sales process.
- Gather and assess client’s technical specifications and requirements.
- Provide assistance in the development of client relationships.
- Address customer’s questions in a comprehensive manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage the RFP and Information Security vetting process, when required.
- Manage and deliver product demonstrations to prospective clients.
- Creatively solve technical implementation issues in a variety of technical environments.
- Partner with the Project Management team to build Statements of Work and Implementation plans.
- Develop and deliver proof of concepts and pilots.
- Provide consistent and effective communication, both internally and externally.
- Maintain and enhance our demo environments.
- Create development plans for members of the Sales Engineering team.
- Manage assignments of Sales engineer to specific sales reps or opportunities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- College degree and 8+ years of professional experience preferred in a Sales Engineering, Pre-sales or Technical client facing role
- Demonstrable proficiency of the following is required:
- How the Internet works (TCP, DNS, proxies, firewalls, CDNs, etc.)
- Salesforce.com administrative setup(install and configure packages), expert Salesforce.com skills a plus (Apex coding, SOQL, SFDC Architecture, etc.)
- Security and privacy compliance (ISO 27001, PCI, HIPAA, etc.)
- Cloud hosting architecture (AWS AZs, load balancing, DR, etc.)
- Must be able to communicate both technical and non-technical topics to individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Strong sales instinct and enjoys speaking with prospective clients in all stages of the sales cycle.
- Experience within the Call Center and/or Salesforce.com CRM industry is preferred.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of sales achievement, technical competence, and delivering customer satisfaction.
- Great team player and collaborator.
- Loves the intersection of customer experience with the digital economy and business process.
- Exceptionally strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience building technical Proof of Concepts.
- Flexibility to travel ~25%.
- Experience managing/mentoring small teams.
How to Apply / Contact
To respond, please write a cover letter specific to this job and include your resume as an attachment with file. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Glance Sales Engineer Candidate” (without quotation marks) to start your subject line.