Ready to join the Glance team? Here at Glance, everyone has the opportunity to take on wide responsibility, do varied and interesting work and make a big impact. There is plenty of opportunity to grow. We’re located in a renovated mill building in Arlington, MA right off the Minuteman Bikeway, so we have quite a few cyclists here and free parking too. Glance is a bootstrapped profitable company, offers 401k matching and has, of course, great snacks.
We are seeking a tech savvy, energetic, motivated person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for making customers successful in a Sales Engineering role. This person will be responsible for all technical aspects of the sales cycle by determining customer’s requirements and addressing technical challenges to ensure a smooth and efficient implementation process. This candidate must have excellent sales skills coupled with technical expertise and the ability to work well within a team and independently. They must also be able to communicate, both orally and in written format, technical material clearly and effectively.
- Actively drive the technical sales evaluation and support process for all Prospects and Partners.
- Provide internal and external assistance during the Sales process.
- Gather and assess client’s technical specifications and requirements.
- Provide assistance in the development of client relationships.
- Address customer’s questions in a comprehensive manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage the RFP process, when required.
- Manage and deliver product demonstrations to prospective clients.
- Creatively solve technical implementation issues in a variety of technical environments.
- Partner with the Implementation team to build Statements of Work and Implementation plans.
- Develop and deliver proof of concepts and pilots.
- Provide consistent and effective communication, both internally and externally.
- Maintain and enhance our demo environments.
Required Skills and Experience
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred in a Sales Engineering, Pre-sales or Technical client facing role
- Must be able to present both technical and non-technical topics to individuals at all levels of an organization
- Strong sales instinct and enjoys speaking with prospective clients in all stages of the sales cycle.
- Experience within the Call Center or Salesforce.com CRM industry is preferred.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of sales achievement, technical competence and customer satisfaction.
- Great team player and collaborator.
- Loves the intersection of customer experience with the digital economy and business process.
- Must have exceptionally strong technical trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of the following is highly preferred:
- How the Internet works (TCP, DNS, proxies, firewalls, CDNs, etc.)
- Salesforce.com administrative setup (install and configure packages)
- Cloud hosting architecture (AWS AZs, load balancing, DR, etc.)
- Security and privacy compliance (ISO 27001, PCI, HIPAA, etc.)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must have prior experience building technical Proof of Concepts.
- Must have the flexibility to travel occasionally.
How to Apply / Contact
To respond, please write a cover letter specific to this job and include your resume as an attachment with file. Email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Glance Sales Engineer Candidate” (without quotation marks) to start your subject line.